My favorite place I've never been to: Eguisheim, France

         Like many book-lovers out there, I've always envisioned an ideal setting where my main character, a reflection of myself, would be. I imagined a quaint village with lots of colors, window shutters, flowers, and cobble, like a mix of Belle's small French village in the countryside and Diagon Alley in Harry Potter.

        I found that Eguisheim, France holds this vibe and more. I've never been, not to this village or France or even out of the country, but I hope to someday. It brings me a feeling of peace, like I'm at home. I'm not much of a religious person, but lately I've entertained the idea of past lives. Some say a deep feeling of longing to a particular place, time, person, etc. may point to a past life. I feel that, if this is true, this town was meaningful to me in a past life. 

Picture by Julien Sulpis via Flickr (Oct 22, 2020)








Comments

  1. Oh, I like the idea of favorite places never been to IN THIS LIFETIME, Kyra... and as for other lifetimes: who knows? Avatars and reincarnation is a big theme in the stories of the Indian Epics class, and you could use that as a storytelling theme in this class too, connecting people and places across lifetimes with the power of your imagination. You made me curious so I looked up Eguisheim and saw that they have found human remains there from the Paleolithic Age... perhaps you lived in Eguisheim before it was even Eguisheim! ... I am a fan of Jean Auel's books about the Ice Age peoples, like Clan of the Cave Bear etc. link :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts