Week 2 Reading Overview

Fairy Ring, image by The Poss via Flickr (Sept 13, 2006)
 

This post outlines my plan for topics I'll be reading throughout the semester :)

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche

Week 4:  Ovid's Metamorphoses

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins

Week 6: Turkish Fairy Tales

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Fairy Tales (Lang)

Week 9: Stories from Congo

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10
Pacific Northwest

Week 11: American Indian Fairy Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Celtic Fairy Tales

Week 13: More Celtic Fairy Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Czech Folktales

Week 15: Russian Folktales


Q: What kind of fairytales do I like most?

A: I love love love love love stories about fairies and mermaids. I think after growing up with books about pixie hollow fairies and mermaids, movies like Aquamarine, and online games like Disney's Pixie Hollow Virtual World, anything having to do with them makes me remember the wonderful days of my childhood. This being said, I think I am most excited for the Asian/African and Celtic units.


Comments

Popular Posts