Project Topic Brainstorming


There are four topics I'm interested in for my semester project:

Changelings            Fairies            Witches            The Devil


Changelings    -    I have limited knowledge of changelings. I only know that they're beings that steal human                                             babies and replace them with fairy babies. I'm interested in knowing why they do this and                                             what they do with the human babies. I could use them as antagonists in a story or form a                                             story around their reasoning for what they do.


Fairies                -    I LOVE stories of fairies. I grew up reading pixie hollow books, watching fairy movies, and                                         playing with fairy dolls. They are just so cute to me, and I could build a story around a                                                 fairy community living among mushrooms, using flower petals for blankets, etc. 


Witches             -    I feel like witches have always received a bad rep. In classic tales, they're tricksters and harm                                     others to benefit themselves. But what about good witches, or green witches? Witches who                                         are friends with other creatures like fairies and live peacefully with them? I could see a                                                 story of a good witch interacting with fairies and other mystical creatures.


The Devil          -    The devil is seriously one of the most conflicted beings I've ever heard of. Are they truly                                                bad, or do they mean well and, like witches, get a bad rep? How did they become who                                                    they are? What are they? I'm not sure yet how I would write about them / use them in                                                    a story, but I might connect the devil with changelings.

Comments

Popular Posts