Week 5 | Microfiction: More Cupid + Psyche

Author's Note: The following microfictions were inspired by Cupid and Psyche from The Golden Ass written by Apuleius and translated by Tony Kline. My favorite part of the story was Psyche's betrayal and Cupid's resulting flee. These microfictions are how I would picture them feeling after this heartbreak, and what they wish the other could know.

Photo by ôc. on Unsplash


Drabble: Cupid's Second Letter to Psyche

Dear Psyche,

My shoulder is healing, and I've forgiven you. I'm sorry for how I reacted. Please know how much I miss you. My mother is keeping me locked away in her palace. "To heal," she says. But I've heard whispering you're here. Oh Psyche, stay strong for me, until I'm strong again for you. And please, do nothing rash. We'll be reunited soon, my love. 

                  Forever yours,

                   Cupid



Hint Fiction: What Psyche Wish Cupid Knew

My dear, even with a horrible appearance, who is to say I would not have loved you anyway? My curiosity got the better of me.

Comments

  1. Hi Kyra! I like that you use a letter as your form of telling the story. It is a very unique way to tell a story and you are the only person so far that I have seen do this. I like that in your authors note you told us what your favorite part of the story was. Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyra, I really enjoyed reading your microfictions. I didn’t read this story, but I really enjoyed your way of telling your story through a letter. It is a very unique way of telling a story that really kind of drills in the feelings that the characters in the story felt. The short sentences and the format of the letter overall really makes you feel as if the letter was real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kyra! I read Part A of Cupid and Psyche for one of my extra readings, so I'm only aware of half the story. It looks like a lot happened afterwards to warrant such a heartbreaking exchange between the two. I think you did a great job of showing the emotions of the characters through such few words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyra, I've never read Cupid and Psyche, but I learned a lot from your unique and short telling of the story! Using letters as a storytelling medium is very cool and I haven't seen any other story like this. Another story I read a week or two ago used Yelp-style reviews as a method of telling their tale, but yours is still different and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyra, I nearly don't want to comment because I don't know what to say. Your letters are good and because of the pristine condition of your writing, I'm guessing the fo
    rgiven thing was intentional. However, I don't know what it means. I've never experienced a breakup where I wish I knew so much about how the other was feeling... Maybe because I'm too focused on myself? No, I'm just kidding. Those two sentences are a little microfiction I just wrote. I'll be interested in reading a more substantial story of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts