Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 1 - Feedback In

Overall, I really appreciate the feedback I've received on my posts. I haven't received much feedback on my actual storybook yet, so I'm excited to see what people think. 

The feedback is typically overwhelmingly positive. While this can be a good thing, I would like some more constructive criticism. If a sentence could be written differently, or if one part of the story doesn't flow as well, these are things I'd like to know :)


2 - Feedback Out

I try to be as honest as I can. More often than not, I really don't have anything to tweak; the story is really good as is. When I do give constructive feedback, I sometimes feel mean or like 'THAT person' when I'm being genuinely nice! There's no shame in grammatical errors, but if I kindly let someone know, it just feels so mean!


3 - Blog Comments

I really like exploring people's weekly stories and their storybooks! The ideas are so creative. I feel like reading these is a much better way to get to know someone than reading their introduction posts. People tend to reveal themselves through their writing, but back off a lot when writing about themselves.


4 - Looking Forward

I think it would feel more organized if my comment wall could be broken up into sections, like comments for the introduction, the first story, second story, etc. I realized looking at the post that, over time, it will be a jumbled up mess unless people specify which part of the storybook they're commenting on. And even then, after revisions, some comments may not necessarily be too relevant anymore.


5 - Image

I liked this image quite a bit because, over the years, this is something I've worked on for myself and I have seen a tremendous difference. This is, in a way, the concept of manifesting. If you change your thoughts, it will in turn change your actions and therefore change your future. So if you 'pretend' to be the ideal-self you'd like to be, you will actually find yourself becoming that person.

Once you realize that there are infinite ways to see and feel something, one of those ways doesn't hold as much weight as it might have otherwise. One person's opinion doesn't feel as personal. A piece of feedback becomes a new perspective, not a new flaw or mistake.










Comments

Popular Posts