Week 8 Reading and Writing

 

This image is in my storybook introduction post, and I absolutely adore it. Between the trees, the flowers, and the rays of sunlight shining through, it gives an incredibly magical feeling. The fairytale-esque feelings that this image gives are exactly what I want to produce in my own storybook.


After reviewing my blog and storybook website, there are two things that bug me:

1 - The background on my storybook website.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and it's actually quite funny how much time I've spent trying to perfect the aesthetics of my storybook website. I wanted an old map as the background image, so I made one myself. But the map was just too dark. It made the mouse-sparkles and the sidebar text hard to see. I changed up the html colors for those, but the whole vibe of the site was off. I've tried using filters to make the background image lighter, but something still just isn't right. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.


2 - My reading notes are way too long. 

I think over time I gradually wandered away from the path that's laid out for our reading notes. I think now, I've just been summarizing each story. Summarizing every single story is quite exhausting. Looking back on the reading notes instructions page, I have strayed a lot more than I thought. While I've been taking extensive notes on everything, we're only supposed to take notes on details of stories we really liked. I'm actually shaking my head at myself. Well, this is good news!


So, from now on:

The lesson learned here is that if reading notes are a cookie jar, a few cookies are good, but hundreds of cookies are way too much. I am so relieved, LOL. I think this was the only big obstacle for me.


Comments

Popular Posts