Reading Notes: Celtic Fairy Tales (1) Part A

  Bibliography: The following stories are from Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs (1892).


I've put a '✿' next to the stories I enjoyed the most, with notes on them below.

READING A:


Connla and the Fairy Maiden
The Field of Boliauns
The Horned Women
The Shepherd of Myddvai
The Sprightly Tailor
Munachar and Manachar
Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree


Connla and the Fairy Maiden - I liked this story and I feel like I could use it in my storybook. Instead of how my story is laid out right now, I could tweak it to where Lucifer believes Giselle will steal away Arias, and Arias falls for her. But, I could still keep the plot-twist ending.

Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree - This story kind of reminds me of Venus and Psyche, where Venus is super jealous of Psyche and wants her killed. Instead, this story it's the queen wanting her own daughter killed because a trout thinks the daughter is more beautiful. Now that I think of it, it's similar to the story of Snow White. 

> The other stories were just okay. They were hard to understand most of the time because a lot of the sayings were complex and uncommon.


Comments

Popular Posts