Week 13 Microfictions


Good Riddance, Daughter!

 My pathetic, good-for-nothing daughter ate all my pies! And it gets even worse, I went out into the street like any day, right, and that just happened to be when the King passed by. He approached me and asked who it was that was singing. Well, it was my daughter. He explained that he was in want of a wife, and wanted to meet her. Her! I wanted to scoff in his face! But, I supposed I could finally be rid of her! So I told him she could spin five balls of yard a day, and he wed her.


Note: This microfiction is in the perspective of the mother in Tom Tit Tot and about how annoyed she was with her daughter who was absolutely useless outside of her beauty. I thought it was funny how the King wanted a wife but wanted her daughter instead of her, so I wrote what I thought her thoughts would be.


Before He Cheats With My Sister!

"My husband cheated on me, and not just with anybody - with my sister. I found them together at a bar. So what did I do? I keyed his car, and I ripped his leather seats. I found a baseball bat outside the back of the bar and shattered his headlights, and I punctured all four of his tires. And then, I was so mad I drowned my sister. Yeah, a bit far I guess. And then what did she do? She haunted me and ratted me out to my whole family and my husband. So now what?" she asked her therapist.


Note: This microfiction was inspired by Binnorie and how the husband cheated on the older sister for her younger sister. I put the story in modern times and used Carrie Underwood's classic Before He Cheats lyrics as the actions for how the older sister reacted to the cheating. I also put in that she drowned her sister and in turn was haunted. Because this is just such a crazy series of events, I wrote it as if she were explaining herself to a therapist.


Both stories were from the unit of English Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs (1890).

Comments

Popular Posts